About Kansas State University Army ROTC
Army ROTC is a college elective that teaches you the skills needed for a successful career. You'll combine classroom time with hands-on experience, and learn leadership and management skills. Additionally, because it's an elective, you can try it out for up to two years. Whatever you decide, the experience you'll have in Army ROTC will give you the confidence you need to be a success in college and beyond. Whether you choose a career in the Army or the corporate world, Army ROTC is "the smartest college course you can take."
Where can ROTC take me?
- Active Duty Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- Reserve Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- National Guard Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- Minor in Leadership Studies
What do you do in KSU ROTC?
- Attend classes 1-3 times per week
- Attend physical training 1-3 times per week
- Help with projects (Football Games, Veteran's Day Parade, Blood Drive, Community Services)
- Attend Lab (4 hours) once every two weeks
- Spring Semester labs 1-2 weekends a month.
- Go to Leaders' Development and Assessment Course (LDAC).
What do you study in KSU ROTC?
- Basic Leadership Skills
- Basic Soldier Skills (navigation, riflery, military orientation)
- Confidence, Team Building
- Army History and Traditions
- How to Function Under Stress
What do you get out of KSU ROTC?
- A Full or Part Time Job (Active Duty Lieutenants start at about $32,000/year according to Army Times)
- Help with College Expenses (60% on full tuition scholarships)
- Physical Fitness